NEW to the blog: My Thoughts On + MOODBOARD

Feeling uninspired as a blogger is a suffocating but common occurrence. You find yourself with blogger’s block, a distaste for content-making and you begin to question why you’re here at all. Personally, I think it’s kinda essential- it shakes you up and reminds you of what you really want to write. It tells you to get your shit together. A week in Tenerife has straightened me out nicely.


Giving me plentiful time for self-reflection, I found myself lying on the sunlounger, overwhelmed by an ease for creative ideas and energy. I reflected on myself and the blog, I thought about its message- what I wanted to say and share. What I wanted my readers to take away.

I want readers to finish a post with something, like a post-party goodie bag of knowledge, tips or just a feeling.

Moreover, as this month celebrates a year of writing, I decided it was about time to add some new blog components to the list.

So today I’m announcing ‘My Thoughts On’, a series that will discuss life’s bigger topics, like feminism, sustainable fashion and body image. Each month, I’ll tackle a new topic, sharing my thoughts and inspirations around it. I’m also keen for the post to have a bit of interactivity, so it will hopefully act as a follow-on tag. I will nominate one other blogger to discuss the topic on their blog, then they’re welcome to pass it on after too. My hope is that as a community, we can share and debate opinion about issues that impact our society. I want the posts to be interesting but also uplifting, showing the power our community can have too.

I’d love to hear your thoughts and ideas about the concept- it’s still a work in progress.


Along with this I’m launching MOODBOARD, a monthly visual post where I will create a collage featuring my current favourite things, what I’m doing, an insight into this month’s My Thoughts On and general a visual display of me. This will pop up in an add-on post and will also be my twitter background too. I hope this will be a fun post that’s a bit different, and will show a bit more of the girl behind the blog. 

Thanks for reading my lovelies and I'll see you soon.


Stay updated via Twitter (@_lydiaeve_), BloglovinGoogle+ and Pinterest

Comments

Popular Posts