STYLE: My Winter Coat


With this wintery weather becoming something of a daily occurrence, today I thought I’d chat to you about my new winter coat that I am currently in love with. It’s finally December, so let the countdown to Christmas begin!


I spoke briefly about this coat in my November favourites, but I feel it deserves a little post all to itself.
As a coat hater, I really struggle to find a coat I can bare- no matter one I like. So when I ordered this one, within a batch of ASOS sent-back failures, and found I actually rather liked it, I was so relieved.
I bought the coat for my autumn trip to Amsterdam, and to be honest I was panicking. Coats are always rather expensive so you want to be sure that it is one you’re going to love, wear and go back to year upon year.

Since then, I have worn this coat non-stop, day in day out. I’ve never owned a coat in camel before but I adore it now. It’s still neutral, so goes with whatever I’m wearing, but feels a little more exciting than your navy or black alternatives.
I love the shape of this coat. I always feel a bit like a whale in coats, so generally opt for something waisted to add a little shape. Yet, this year I couldn’t find one I liked, so risked this (almost shape-less looking in the picture) coat. The silhouette is lovely and a-line, just fitted enough to look flattering without having to be tight or restricting.
The faux fur collar is also a saving grace, keeping my neck warm with no need for an extra scarf unless I want it. It’s also detachable, but personally I love the aesthetic it has with it!
For £65 I was pleasantly surprised for a great quality, beautifully cut and warm winter coat. I would thoroughly recommend it if you are currently on the search for a coat this season.

In December, I hope to be uploading more regularly, as I bloody love anything festive related! Let me know in the comments if you are too, or even doing blogmas, so I can check out your blogs,


Stay updated via Twitter, BloglovinGoogle+ and Pinterest

Comments

Popular Posts