Baking: Chocolate Chip Banana Bread

No added sugar, no butter healthy banana bread with the optional addition of some chocolate chips (to kill that chocolate craving feeling). A quick and easy recipe I up with recently by mixing a few recipes I found online with simply what I had in the cupboard. 

This banana bread is the perfect snack for anyone trying not to be super unhealthy. By cutting out extra sugar and butter, it tries to keep this bake as clean as possible- although the chocolate chips were irresistible for me!


My main inspiration was this recipe I found on Pinterest. Unfortunately, she measured in cups so a lot of this was guess work and basically googling how many grams that would be. So, bear with this recipe as I try and convert them for you, as well as adding my own substitutions and alternatives.

INGREDIENTS 
66g Coconut oil
2 eggs
2 mashed bananas (riper the better)
240ml milk
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ tsp salt
220g flour (I used all purpose)
As many chocolate chips as you want
Oats (to sprinkle on top if you want)
The original recipe wanted ½ cup of honey or syrup but I decided I didn’t want to add this with the sweetness of the banana and touch of chocolate too.


INSTRUCTIONS
First, preheat the oven to 170 degrees Celsius.

Then grease your loaf tin (I used baking paper and a tad bit of butter just because I’ve had some bad experiences will paper sticking in the past but that’s up to you).

In a mixing bowl, mix the melted coconut oil (which is likely to solidify with the cold ingredients so you can either just work it really well- what I did- or the recipe recommended heating on top of a stove) with eggs and beat well. Then bananas (mashed) and milk, with the addition of baking soda, vanilla and salt soon after.

Then add the flour until it is combined. It is natural for there to be a couple of lumps and bumps but that only adds to the homely taste I feel! I then added just a few chocolate chips and combined them with the mixture.

Pour it all into that loaf tin next, with a decorative sprinkling of oats on top too.

I suggest around 1 hour 10 mins in the oven, but it is always hard to tell as banana bread texture is always quite wet and dense. When you take it out, let it rest in the tin for a bit and then out of the tin for a while before trying to cut it up.

Lastly, click on the kettle and make yourself a warm cuppa, cut a slice of your fresh baked loaf and enjoy (I know I did).  


I loved this recipe. I would completely make it again and just feel there is something so nice about the home-baked feel it has.

Let me know your favourite bake- or even one you would like to see here on my blog. Thanks for reading my lovelies and I’ll see you next Friday for another post,


Stay updated via Twitter, BloglovinGoogle+ and Pinterest

Comments

  1. omg i love banana bread! this seems a really healthy (as healthy as cake gets ??) i'm defs gonna try this out x
    lipstick-andgin.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's worth it! A yummy treat and bake! Lydia Eve x

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh this looks SO delicious! I could so eat this right now xx

    Gemma ♡ Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So do I- shame I've eaten up my last batch! Lydia Eve x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts