Baking: Raw and Healthy No-Bake Brownies


Baking is one of my loves, yet it is something I feel I rarely have time for. Moreover, I feel baking is often a time for indulgence, as the bakes I make are often unhealthy naughty treats. However, today I tried a new, healthy recipe that is a perfect alternative to sweet treat cravings: a raw chocolate brownie.

This recipe was recommended from a friend, and is originally from Madeline Shaw’s Get The Glow book, I believe. It is a really simple recipe, with only five ingredients, and is a no bake alternative.


For the recipe, you will need:
150g hazelnuts
150g Medjool dates, stoned
small pinch salt
50g raw cacao powder
3 tbsp coconut oil

Yep, they’re pretty specific ingredients- stuff you only seem to find in healthy-arse recipe books- but the chocolate bites are worth it. It took me three supermarkets to find all of these (ending up having to get some bits here and some bits there), and the shop was certainly pricy. However, I know ingredients like the cacao and coconut oil are ones I will be able to use many times after this.
It doesn’t take long to make these either.


All you do is blend the hazelnuts, then add the dates, cacao and salt to it. When combined, add the coconut oil a tablespoon at a time. Each time, the mixture will become more and more sticky.
When all is blended, empty into a brownie tray (pressing flat with a wooden spoon), and place in the freezer for half an hour.

Then it’s ready to eat- cold or hot (warm up in the microwave for around 45 seconds). This recipe made eight rather thin brownie bites. However, don’t expect these to be the fudge yummy indulgent brownies you crave- as they aren’t. Nonetheless, they are a tasty and healthy snack or pud. I find myself taking extra trips to the fridge for these guiltless treats. 


This recipe was definitely a contrast to my normal treats, yet I liked making something that is actually good for me. If you do want more baking posts, just leave requests in the comments. With a few weeks of holiday still left, baking is something I lucky have time for.

Thank you all for reading and I’ll see you soon. ,



Stay updated via Twitter BloglovinGoogle+ and Pinterest

Comments

  1. These sound delicious! Going to give this recipe a go xx
    blossomofhope.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so worth it, I've baked/ made them twice this week- addictive but healthy! Lydia Eve xx

      Delete
  2. This sounds like a good alternative to brownies. I'm trying to eat healthier, so I think I'll have to give this recipe a go!

    x Alex

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same, it can be so hard- especially with a sweet tooth like I do. However, these are a great alternative and are seriously yummy! Lydia Eve xx

      Delete
  3. Ahhh these look and sound so good! I love that you used alternative ingredients, I'll definitely have a go at making them but they won't be as good as yours haha! :D xx

    elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara | (lets follow each other on bloglovin or instagram)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! The brownies may not look 100% Pinterest-worthy but they taste yummy, so who cares? It is also nice to explore using healthier ingredients! Lydia Eve xx

      Delete
  4. These sound like a great treat! Will have to give them a go, I am a terrible baker..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts